Saturday, May 28, 2011
New Beginnings
My summers are not like most people's summers. I usually go to school (all summer), or set up my first classroom, or move, or get married-- at least that's how the past 5 summers have gone for me. Of course, I squeeze in a vacation here and there, but I am usually always thinking of what I will do next, plan next, or study next. This summer is the beginning of something new. This week I cleaned out my 1st grade classroom, organized all the materials, putting them in labeled containers of course :), and moved out. It was a sad day but a very exciting one as well. Barry and I have decided that I will be a stay at home mommy for Baby Brandt. Being a "temporarily single" parent, living 4.842 miles from the nearest relative, and working full time was just not fitting into the picture quite right for me. So... I will be putting school work away for a couple years and spending my time completely devoted on our little one. I know Brandt will keep me very busy but I can't help thinking, "shouldn't I be reading some professional development book right now? :)"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think that this is a decision you won't ever regret. You can never go back or redo their childhood. Being a military wife, you will see how it will affect your husband missing so much, but you will be there to be the rock. Many blessings and keep in touch! Delaney misses you and speaks of you often.
ReplyDelete