Saturday, October 22, 2011

Funny thing

So late last night, Baby B was sound asleep, I was doing my usual late night thing...
facebook, pinterest, etsy, reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond and Riley started going crazy barking. It wasn't his normal "I think I might see something out there" bark. It was his "there is something RIGHT there" bark.

Of course, I thought it was a person about to break into the house. I was TERRIFIED. The quote from pinterest popped into my head...

I am so the 1%.

Anyways, Riley would not stop barking so I went over to the window, slowly peeked around the curtain...

It was a HORSE!

At first, I thought I was mistaken and it was really a moose, but then I saw it's long, swooshy, black tail & living in Alaska I know moose definitely do not have long, swooshy, black tails.

Our neighbors have horses in their back yard so I am assuming this was their horse.
It was 11:30 at night and VERY dark so there was no way I was going to knock on their door. I tried calling them and of course no answer. So I did the only other thing I knew to do...
I called 911

The woman answered and said "Do you need a fire truck, ambulance, or police?" in the fastest voice I've ever heard. I explained to her that I didn't need any of those things that this wasn't REALLY an emergency but it could TURN into one if this situation didn't get handled and this animal ran into the road.

She was not as amused by the situation as I was...

She told me to call the state troopers. So I did. They said they would send someone out to help the horse....

By the sound in her voice, I doubt they sent anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment