Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fly little birdie

Well our sweet baby is just over a month old now and here is a little update.

Barry and I have 1st time parents written across our foreheads. The 1st day home, I called the ER 3 times and we made a little visit. They ended up laughing at us & sent us home... imagine that!

No worries... Since then we have calmed our nerves a bit, however, anxiety meds may be in my near future (just kidding!)


Barry was able to stay with us for 2 weeks after Baby Brandt was born. It was the most fabulous 2 weeks!
My Mama and grandmother (Mimi) came to visit for 2 weeks after Barry left. I think I got more spoiled than the baby but you sure can't tell by the look on their faces!
 Then, my Daddy came for a visit. Those of you who know my Daddy & think he is crazy about me... you just wait until you see him with his grandbaby.

PS He came up with Brandt's "wrestling name"... the Alaskan Assassin. HA!
And now... I'm flying solo.  Our first outing took only 2 hours to get ready for. We have made it 4 days now and no ER visits or phone calls.

Brandt is growing like a weed. He now weighs 10 pounds 12 oz. I had to pack away the newborn clothes this week, sad day. 

Gosh, doesn't he just melt your heart.... I may not get to see my husband's face everyday or hear his voice, but I do get to see this precious face everyday and some how it makes it not quite as hard. God knew I needed this little boy in my life to make through this " year long desert vacation".

No comments:

Post a Comment