Sunday, January 1, 2012

I feel like I've struck gold!

Since I've been back in the South, I've been dying to go visit my favorite town, in possibly the whole world, Dahlonega. Yesterday was such a beautiful day my parents and I rode over to walk around the square & see all the new construction on the North Ga College campus. 

As we were walking around, I started thinking about a sweet friend, Mrs. Jennifer, who was a mentor teacher to me for one of my high school education classes my senior year. She knew I would be going to North Georgia College in Dahlonega in the fall. She and her husband had also attended North Georgia and that is where they met. I remember her telling  me how magical the little town was and how she absolutely loved going to school there. It was a special place for her because it was where she met her husband & they shared lots of fun memories there. I had always hoped I would love the town as much as Mrs. Jennifer did & of course I had hoped I would end up meeting the man I would marry there too!  

Well sure enough, Mrs. Jennifer was so right! What a special place it is!

We took Brandt to Dahlonega and it was so fun for me to stroll him around the square. I thought about all the fun my friends and I had during my 3 years of college there. So I thought I would share...


I met wonderful friends here who taught me so many things...



Like how to dress appropriately when going out...



And how to smile pretty for the camera...



And how to paint...


And how to use a fire extinguisher...



And how to use the local gymnastics gym after hours...


And how to dress just case Barry decides to throw the towel in with the Army...


And where to go on the last first date...


And how to this little college town can be the perfect place to start the rest of your life...

1 comment:

  1. Awww I loved this!! I wish I could have toured the town with you and Brandt!! I love Dahlonega too!! Can't wait to see you there soon!!

    ReplyDelete