Friday, July 16, 2010
The U-Hual has arrived!
For my mother's graduation gift, Barry and I gave her an all expense paid U-Hual trip to Alaska with the only requirement being, our wedding gifts, teaching supplies, and new furniture had to be on board. Woohoo! Wouldn't you love that graduation gift? (Read my mom's blog for day by day updates of the trip.) Finally, the UHual arrived! I was sooo excited, Riley and I were waiting outside at the corner of the road when it turned in. Barry and my daddy unloaded everything and my mom, Rita, and myself directed everything coming in.
It was better than Christmas morning!
Long day of unpacking=work crew exhausted!
After we unloaded all of the things for the house we reloaded all of my school things in the U-Haul. This was even better than unloaded all of the things for the house!
This is my new classroom at Anderson Elementary School. It is on the Air Force base in Fairbanks. Unfortunately, we were not able to start setting up the room because the walls are getting painting so we had to keep everything in the middle of the room.
All week while Mama and Daddy were here, we worked on things around the house. Of course, daddy had to get up on the roof (a favorite thing of his to do) and blow pine straw. He worked on things around our house... we appreciated his help SOOOOO much! While Daddy worked on things outside, Mama and I worked on sewing curtains. Mimi would be so proud of the both of us.
This is finished product #2. I don't have a good picture of our other curtains right now. This is our living room which is connected to our kitchen. We were so proud :)
After 2 weeks of mamas and daddys being in Alaska, we put everyone on their planes and they all headed back to Georgia. It was a sad, sad day. I am already ready for them to come back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









This was such a fun trip! The best graduation gift a girl could ever get!!
ReplyDelete