Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yard Sales

This summer I wanted to work on building my classroom supplies for indoor recess days and Everyday Math commercial games. After pricing the games, puzzles, etc at the local stores I decided I needed to go yard selling for these supplies. Now, yard selling is a whole new adventure for me. My Daddy never really liked my mom and I to go to yard sales because he said "he didn't want someone else's junk." So I was pretty excited for this new adventure. On Saturday, Barry and I woke early to go to the different sales. In case you didn't know.. July is Alaska's rainy season, so of course it was raining and all yard sales were closed first thing. We waited the rain out and started the rounds again. The first find was Scrabble Jr,  3 sets (1 of the sets being a Lakeshore set) of ABC stamps, and a Hi Ho Cherry-o Game.  Horray! I was so pumped to find them! Then the price was even better... $4 for all. Great find!


It seems that I have accumulated quite a large collection of art and craft supplies. So of course every girl needs a craft desk, right? I have been looking around for the perfect desk to refinish to turn into my perfect craft desk and I have finally found it. I had been watching a yard sale that had a desk be put together for 3 days and just waiting for Saturday for it to open. The price of this desk was unbelievable! A wahpun $5. Anything is worth 5 bucks, especially a solid wooden desk just waiting to be refinished. It was calling my name! So we purchased it, brought it home, and my sweet husband has started sanding it down for me. This will be my weekend project for the next couple weekends. I am so excited!




1 comment:

  1. So tickled you were able to find such treasures....daddy never understood that some people's trash can be someone else's treasure! Classroom treasures in this case!!

    ReplyDelete