Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blast from the Past

Barry and I are always thinking about "this time last year we were..." 

Well, this evening as I was reading one of my very best friend's blog from AK about her past Christmases with her husband, I started thinking about mine & Barry's previous Christmases together... Thanks Shan for this idea :)

.Christmas 2008.

Our 1st Christmas together was in 2008. One of our very favorite parts of college was going to our sorority/ fraternity formals. Barry's fraternity always went on a trip for winter formal at the beginning of Christmas holidays. This particular year we went to Gatlinburg, TN. 

After formal, we must have done separate things for Christmas this year because I don't have any other pictures of us together for this Christmas other than formal pictures. 

So on to Christmas 2009...

Barry moved to Alaska in October of 2009 and over Thanksgiving break, we got engaged, I accepted a teaching job in Alaska, and moved to Alaska over Christmas break. So I said my goodbyes to the south and Merry Christmases a little early and made my way to Alaska. 


 When Barry brought me to our house for the first time, he had our 1st Christmas tree all lit up and set up in the window for me. 


Shortly after I arrived in Alaska, my parents came to help move me in and set up my new classroom (and take down the horrible wall paper in the background). 

The first of many Christmases away....

And on to Christmas 2010...

Barry was in Hawaii for training up till right before Christmas. I celebrated with some of our army family for a little Christmas party. 


Barry came home from Hawaii, took a few pictures, and we headed down south to celebrate Christmas with our families.


It seemed like we went around the world during the short time we were in Georgia. We went to Albany to Panama City to Mexico to Trenton and to Dalton during this break... whew!

 It was such a special Christmas for us because we were spreading the news that we would be having a sweet little baby. 


After Christmas in Albany, we went on a cruise to Mexico to celebrate two of our best friends getting married. 

....A lot warmer than an Alaskan Christmas!

And lastly... Christmas 2011

This year we will celebrate many firsts... 

our 1st christmas 8,000 miles away from each other
Brandt's 1st Christmas
my 1st time as "Mrs. Claus"

Brandt and I are in Georgia and will spend Christmas Eve with Barry's family and Christmas Day in Albany. With some luck, we will hopefully get to see Barry on Skype on Christmas day so he can see what all Santa brought Brandt. 

This year, Christmas will be a little less cheerful for our little family... but next year... next year... it will be fabulous!

We will all be together again and celebrate Christmas in our new home in Arizona. 

Christmas 2012 will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment