Wednesday, September 21, 2011

There's your sign

Chances are you already know this about me, but just in case....

I am a weirdo magnet! 

If there is a weirdo some where, they will find me and they will want to tell me their whole life story. It's kinda like a wear a sign around my neck that says, "All weirdos please come here!". (I am such my mother's daughter.) It's not like I seek these people out either... Out of no where.. BAM! There they are.

Well, I was in Fred's this evening and like most outings, I was minding my own business and I made a new friend. First, he wanted to see the baby. Then, he reached for his cell phone and since this happens to me a lot I knew I was about to see some pictures. He showed me a picture of his new grandbaby and then like word vomit the story started....

He said a few cliche grandchildren quotes like, " If I knew grandkids were this fun, I would have had them first." He then went on to tell me the baby's birthday was July 13th, but he sure would have liked to find out about her before she was 1 month old and how her grandmother probably had something to do with that.

I mean seriously, who just tells people this?

I know he was just a very proud Papa but then he wanted to tell me all his " Papa tricks". Keep in mind I had a not very happy baby and was trying to get in and out with my infant tylenol. He didn't seem to mind. He told me how if I had problems with "her" not wanting to take a teething ring I should poke holes in Otter Pops and give that to "her".

First of all, Brandt was wearing a blue outfit and I had him in a blue sling. Doesn't that scream little boy?

So then, he wanted to tell me about making cupcakes in ice cream cones so it doesn't get as messy. Maybe he has been looking on Pinterest for his ideas... just saying! The next idea was to use Fruity Pebbles in Rice Krispy Treats instead of Rice Krispys, but to make sure to make 2 batches because the adults would eat them all first. AND then, he wanted to tell me how to put tube socks on Brandt's hands when he won't leave his gloves on  during the winter.

I'm pretty sure there were more, but some where around this time I was really getting ready to get my now screaming baby home. So I tried to part our ways, but not before he told me one more story.

He had to tell me about how he hadn't treated his cats to a special treat in a while, so tonight was treat night! He walked away with 7 cans of cat food stacked up.

He left me with saying, " I sure hope you don't forget any of these ideas!"

No worries sir.... no worries!

....There's your sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment