You may not know this about Barry, but he LOVES to fish. We have stopped on several occasions on the side of the road to just try out the fishing. Our trip to Hawaii was no different. He wanted to catch a fish SO badly while we were there! So we drove around a whole day finding good fishing spots. I was completely against this because all of the places he wanted to stop was off the side of a cliff and with my vivid imagination (again) I was envisioning CNN headlines: Newlyweds on Honeymoon, falls off cliff in the Pacific Ocean, body not found yet. Or, one of those great white shark's in their migration path seeing his bait and eating it and pulling Barry off the cliff.
I finally agreed on this spot. It wasn't too high up. While he fished, I laid out on the oh so comfortable rocks. Barry's first catch was a beautiful tropical fish.
I thought we were catching and releasing fish on this trip...
I told him it was probably a rare, endangered fish and he should not kill it. But as you can see, Barry had other plans for this little fish. He used it as cut bait to catch his next catch...
An eel! yuck! I was okay with this creature meeting his death because it was snapping at us and flipping around everywhere. I, of course, immediately thought it was an electric eel and was worried it would sting Barry. I wanted him to cut his line and throw it back to the ocean but all he could think about was getting his lure back! Another piece of the first fish was used to catch his 3rd and final catch of the day...
This little fish was so cute and had a happy ending. A huge wave came up on the rocks exactly where Barry had him and the fish swam away as quickly as possible as I was cheering him on! Now we know why no locals were fishing in this spot... After this fishing trip I suggested a deep sea fishing trip, hoping it would end the side of the road trips.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you told Barry that you are an experienced fisher-woman?
ReplyDelete