After our wedding, Barry and I stayed in Chattanooga. The next morning we met my parents at our house and they drove us to the airport. On our way we got to open our wedding gifts! Here is a picture of what the car looked like...
We flew from Atlanta to Fairbanks. In Fairbanks, we rushed home, unpacked our bags, repacked our bags, then rushed back to the airport to catch a flight to Maui, Hawaii. Our first day, we mainly got acquainted to the area, rented snorkel gear, and made reservations for several activities for the week. The second day we decided to go on our first adventure... snorkeling! I had never really snorkeled, just in the pool at Mimi & Papas, so I was a little nervous. And the fact that man we met at the airport was telling me this story about Great White Sharks and how their migration path was right next to Maui, so with my very vivid imagination I was freaking out I would get eaten by one while we were snorkeling. We had a lot of fun though... we swam with lots of tropical fish and even saw a sea turtle! That was the coolest part!
We didnt even see a shark! :)
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this....great writing Aubree! My favorite part was the example of your experiences in mimi's pool....and then the story about the shark and your vivid imagination...
ReplyDelete